Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Life with toddler twin boys

Life with 19 month old twin boys can often be quite challenging. It seems every day brings a new joy and a new challenge. How do I keep one from climbing his highchair while I'm trying to keep the other from picking up the cat (that isn't declawed)? What else can I use to block off this area? They are finding their way over, under, or around everything I can come up with to use! When will they decide to speak English, or any recognized language?? They are perfectly satisfied to only be understood by each other. Last week K refused to open his eyes for several hours, and we had no way of knowing what was wrong because he couldn't (or wouldn't) tell us what was wrong. Physically, they are flying right along. When one learns to do something, the other watches intently and can do the same task minutes after his brother. We are waiting for the morning we go in to get them up, and they have both escaped their cribs. I can't imagine life with only one child. Having twins keeps me laughing and figuring out answers to new puzzles they create all at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment