Thursday, June 23, 2011

Gap



It has been a very eventful year and a half since I have posted. Things have ranged from wonderful to horrifying and everything in between. Less than 2 months after my last post my father was killed in a freak cycling accident the weekend after Thanksgiving. That was the horrifying. Fortunately nothing else has been that close to that end of the scale. We've had stitches, poo covered rooms, fun with potty training, problems with speech, moving, house remodeling, computer crashes, new stray cats, becoming a Scentsy consultant, and several illnesses, but nothing else has been close to as hard to handle as my dad's unexpected death. Some of the bigger challenges have been the potty training and working on the speech. Both are going pretty well now except the boys still refuse to poo anywhere but in a diaper, and during the school year they go to a program two days a week to work on their speech and following instructions (which is helping immensely). The newest challenge is dealing with being pregnant and taking care of 3 year old twin boys at the same time. So far the pregnancy alone has not been the easiest including a first trimester filled with morning sickness, bronchitis which circulated through the entire family, a stomach virus caught from one of my kiddos that decided to morph into a head cold and then relocate into my chest. It's been a fun 15 weeks so far. I'm looking forward to just feeling pregnant instead of sick. Hopefully on July 13, we will find out the gender of the baby, who is due December 13. We were very excited to find out there is just one this time. I think two sets of twins would have been a bit much to handle. With this pregnancy there are regular visits to the chiropractor, and again we are using a CNM with a birth center delivery if everything goes as planned. When the twins were born, the birth center was not an option, a hospital delivery was our only choice. I'm very excited about the opportunity for a natural childbirth in a completely different environment. So far Nativiti Women's Health & Birth Center in The Woodlands has been amazing. I'm looking forward to the rest of my pregnancy, hopefully illness-free. In the meantime I'm having fun researching baby stuff finding all sorts of things I want to do, use, or make wondering how different it will be having just one infant instead of two.

No comments:

Post a Comment